Friday, March 17, 2023

BROWN ANGEL

A poem I wrote long ago (and an awakening that's still my prayer today)

Artwork, unknown

Poem, BROWN ANGEL Copyright. Rayel, 2000. All Rights Reserved.

Brown Angel, new to flight.

Unused to his wings.

Awkward, crawling, walking... dreaming of soaring.

Can see it!

In the light that falls on him...

that Calls him to keep trying.

Assures him that one day he'll be flying.

So he prays.

Sometimes afraid of what life will be like in the sky.

No longer groundbound, the day he can fly.

And, his wings, moist from newbirth, protectedly fold

on his back, still unsure of the strength that they hold.

And with patience and love, God smiles on His son,

And whispers through sunlight on His special Loved One.

"Come now. I've got you. I won't let you fall.

It's ok if you stumble. It's ok if you crawl.

Just know that I've given you wings that can hold you.

Through storms and strong winds, I'm the Potter that molds you.

And my work isn't done, and I know you're afraid,

But RISE UP my son! See the work that I've made!

The strength of your wings, I built in each row,

Can hold you, can carry you to heights you don't know.

And your brown, lithesome limbs can carry the weight of your pain,

To deliver to MY altar, never to be bound again.

And your flight will be light, and you will finally see...

That you can fly.

You can FLY!

...and you can trust Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment